- are there warnings or errors? Check /home/adcp/log for *.err and *.warn files
- any mesage in *.warn or *.err will have more information in the matching *.log file
are the serial ports and baud rates all correct? Check
Check your serial messages: they should all have checksums, they should be coming in at about 1Hz. If it is more frequent than that you can subsample the input; BEWARE: Only subsample if data are more frequent than 1Hz, and subsample by a prime number to void aliasing of data streams.
paths and permissions:
- do the appropriate serial ports exist?
- do the relevant serial ports all have a+rw permission?
- does user adcp have +rw permission in /var/lock?
- is there a directory /home/data that user adcp can write to?
are there extra files in /home/adcp/flags??
- stop logging, end cruise, kill gui
- remove all files from /home/adcp/flags
- kill all processes with “matlab”, “DAS”, or “ser_” in them (but not the license manager)
- start gui, try again
- Is the matlab license manager running?
- Are there files in /var/tmp with the matlab name (“TMW”) that are owned by root (or someone other than user “adcp”)?
- There should be one entry from this query:
ps -ef | grep MLM | grep -v grep