UH LADCP CLIVAR documentation can be reached with a web browser at /home/currents/programs/ladcp_srcdoc/index.html
LADCP documentation is buried in /home/currents/rdi_docs.
- LADCP introduction by RDI
- Two papers about LADCP processing:
- Workhorse LADCP documentation is in /home/currents/rdi_docs/wh_2010
- Broadband LADCP documentation (BB150) – most of what is needed is in /home/currents/rdi_docs/BBDRSC.
The primary goal in the LADCP component of the CLIVAR cruise is to get LADCP data from each cast. Other factors to consider are
The general scheme of the LADCP computers will be to have
Each computer has a primary role, and there is an order in which data will be moved from one computer to the other to
Here are some cartoons to illustrate
Each computer gets data from an external source
LADCP data are copied from the acquisition computer to the “data” location on the processing computer
Data Processing is run on the processing computer, figures are generated
- figures might be linked into the web directory for others to see
- ladcp logging directory is backed up to processing computer
- at this stage the processing computer could be used as the acquisition computer if the acquisition computer failed
- cruise directory is backed up to acquisition computer
- at this stage the acquisition computer could be used as a processing computer if the processing computer failed
- cruise directory is also backed up to USB disk (the one on the acquisition computer)
- this disk should be carried home on a separate plane from the laptops.
- there may also be a USB disk on the processing computer, in which case the cruise directory could be copied to the second USB disk as well.